Reaching for Help, Finding Hope
I founded Koru Counseling and Consulting because I needed to return to my passion of providing direct care to clients. For several years, I worked in addiction and mental health agencies as an individual, relationship, family, and group counselor. I then moved into administration as a program manager and then eventually as an executive director. I began feeling lost and disconnected from my original vision of being a therapist, and realized I needed to follow my heart. I needed to return to my roots, which led me to opening my private practice. I look forward to helping you rediscover your path for a fulfilling life.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) through the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) through the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals
- Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology from Lewis & Clark College
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC III) through The Addiction Counselor Certification Board of Oregon (ACCBO)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) through the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) through CCE Global
I'm currently in training to be a certified sex therapist. I'm an adjunct professor in the Portland State University Graduate Certificate in Addictions Counseling program with the Graduate School of Education: Continuing Education department. I serve on the Northwest Institute of Addictions Studies board, as well as the Reed College Institutional Review Board as a community member. I'm a member of the American Counseling Association and the Oregon Counseling Association.
I look forward to hearing from you! The best way to reach me is through the secure and confidential client portal. You're welcome to contact me, although I can't guarantee your confidentiality through email.